Monday, October 1, 2018

Trust the process, be patient

This post has been severely edited to make it shorter and better.

When they're learning to walk, babies get frustrated and they cry, but they don't give up. Somewhere deep in their little baby brains, they trust the process. When they fall down, they don't say "screw it, crawling works so well for my needs, I'll just get better at that!"

The sailors among you who are most committed to the process and trust it the most are the ones who will improve the most and get there the fastest.

It's easy to think "ahh, screw it, crawling works out great, I get wherever I need to go, I never fall down, why do I need to learn to walk and go through all that trouble?" From what I see, none of you took that approach as babies. Don't take it now.

Trust the process, falls and frustration and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment